Thursday, January 23, 2014

Married dates

Married dates are a priority around our house. :)  

Like most couples with young children who are juggling working full-time, family, and home things get CRAZY busy. Most of the time.  All of the time. :) I love that every Monday night we have some “us” time to look forward to, no matter what.
Lately, those date nights have just been some take-out food and a DVD while our baby boy Parker lays on the couch with us. It’s still the best little tradition ever!
 
At the risk of sounding hopelessly cheesy,  marriage is something to really cherish and appreciate. I am married to my best friend, and we are truly a team. It seems like it’s so easy for couples to take that granted, so we don’t. :)
 
I remember a few years ago, I went through a loss that made me certain that I was going to spend the rest of my life single, raising Katie and Colin and getting through each day. A friend of mine knew better and he told me that we are meant to share our lives with someone. I'm so glad that life had better plans for me than I had for myself!
 
If you’re in a relationship or married and have the blessing of spending every day with someone who’s even half as awesome as my hubby is, celebrate it! :) Spend time together. Dream together. Take care of your relationship and make the two of you a priority. <3
 

  “We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day.  You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it.  Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness'.”

 

2 comments: