Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Togetherness is powerful




There's just something about knowing that there is someone there, being a witness to your life.

I have....for most of my life....been this fiercely independent girl. Or at least, I told myself I was. :)

It was at at times a coping method for getting through challenges, and there have been plenty of those...there were times when I wasn't ready to let anyone close to me because I was afraid to lose them. (It has happened, and has irrevocably changed me.)

But there is something SOOOO beautiful about sharing all of this life with people who understand and support you and love you. Those people who will be there to encourage you and show you that you don't have to go through it alone. For real. :)

Because then you get to share the really happy moments, the bliss of this beautiful life that we have. :) Random moments, emails from friends,  laugh out loud memories...I'm so thankful for the people that have my heart. :)

I guess all of this to say, togetherness is powerful and you can do SO much when you have the encouragement from someone who believes in you. Don't ever underestimate how much it means to let someone know that you believe in them. :)

I'm trying to do that more often these days. I don't want anyone close to me to go another day without knowing that they really do mean that much to me. They have encouraged me on my journey (which is ongoing and lovely!) and they have my heart. ♥


" The right people… the ones who really belong in your life, will come to you. And stay.” ~Will Smith (Thanks Will Smith! I knew you were a smart guy)

Picture taken from a random church marquee in town...because it was lovely and caught my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment